Crag Exposure: The Spot Gym!
Imagine a world of perfectly steep free standing blocs with ideal landings, almost zero approach, and temps that hardly ever vary. Beautiful people dance about on Font, Hueco, and Granite type plastic awesomeness while some sort of trip-hop pulsates from the speakers above. This is a world I can get used to…I first laid eyes on the Spot Bouldering Gym about 3 years ago and I have been in love with this nook of climbing utopia ever since. I will admit it, I have chosen to climb at The Spot over ideal climbing conditions outside. It seems silly, but The Spot can feel like the most rational and fun choice sometimes. A few Examples of what makes the Spot Awesome:
1. CCOGWs frequent the joint!
2. The Spot is to climbing what the Ivy is to Hollywood.
4. Perfect Problems, Perfect landings, Music, friendly faces, what more can you ask for?
Best bouldering in the Front Range? Some would say so, and sometimes I agree. For those of us that are spoiled from suckling at the Spot’s tit, no other gym will suffice. It’s part climbing gym, part social scene, part dating service, and all awesome! And with the latest addition to the madness, the Spot has created one of the deepest and steepest bouldering caves around, The Dojo. Just looking at it gets you strong. So, don’t miss your chance to experience the Spot.
The Must Do’s:
1. Orange Problem with the Feather’s on the front side Font boulder, 4+ spots.
2. Black Problem on the Riverside boulder, 4 spots.
3. Pink and Polka Dot problem on the east Font boulder, 2+ spots.
4. Dark green tape on the East side of the Dojo, 4 spot.
5. Lime green problem East side Font boulder, 5 spot.
6. Electric Blue problem west side Hueco Scoop, 4+ spot.